Day 32 - Bay City to Seaside
We kept today’s ride short in anticipation of some big hills. Maybe we’re just getting stronger, but the hills weren’t nearly as tough as we thought they would be, and we finished the ride before noon. That gave us plenty of time to explore the town of Seaside and reflect on our first month of riding.
Some of our reflections:
- The one good thing about going north is that you start out climbing big hills in California, ride medium hills in Oregon, and cruise rolling hills in Washington.
- Headwinds are demoralizing and they suck.
- Logging trucks will run you over.
- Our bodies don’t hurt as much as we thought they would.
- We still don’t look like Lance Armstrong (yet).
- We definitely don’t have as much free time as we thought we would.
- The routine of cycling and camping is getting easier and more fun every day.